Thursday, April 07, 2005

Maynard Update

FINAL MAYNARD UPDATE: Once again, this from MTV News: It is indeed a hoax.


"I was actually quite surprised people bought it. Especially considering most of the subject matter of my work. 'Judith,' for example. I guess when I said 'fuck your god,' I didn't mean the actual God. Just the god of sheep who lack a sense of humor."

I guess I'm one of those "sheep who lack a sense of humor." Because it was so fucking hiliarous. That Maynard-- one funny motherfucker. Now, stop trying to play dumb ass April Fools pranks and put out the new Tool album, ok?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This from MTV News:



You'll recall that on Tuesday, in the course of looking into Internet rumors
that Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan had found Jesus and was leaving the
band, we e-mailed Keenan and put the question to him directly. His response was:
"i did, in fact, find jesus. More news to follow. God bless ya."

After contemplating this communication, with its
lowercase "j" for "Jesus" and its oddly breezy "God bless ya," we began to
wonder: Was MJK pulling our leg, yanking our chain — in a word, lying to us? We
e-mailed him again and asked flat-out. His response this time: "heh heh."

Jesus.

— Kurt Loder

So, I guess that's as close as Maynard's going to get to issuing a confirmation of the fact that this is a hoax. As it is, I'm inclined to go with Christie on this one.
I've obviously spent way too much time thinking/dealing with this issue. Fuck you Maynard. Give me the new Tool album, like now.


(ALSO: On more actual music related matters, most of the long-promised Bloc Party review is written... at least in my mind, if not on actual paper. I know that most of the blogosphere has already covered this band ad nauseum and it's really nothing new, especially since Silent Alarm leaked ridiculously early-- I downloaded it in mid-January, and I know mad heads had it even before I was up on it-- but I still wanna write something about it. Partially 'cuz I've been promising it for a week now, but mostly because it's a damn good CD and probably the favorite CD I've heard in 2005 so far.

In addition, I am also trying to get a hold of the new Tony Yayo mixtape so I can peep what my favorite G-Unit member's got coming (have high hopes for the full length comin' in June-- don't be waterd down like Banks' Hunger For More, or wack like The Massacre Yayo! Just follow what Young Buck did on Straight Outta Cashville, but keep it NYC grimy, on that crime rap shit you do so well. "Live By The Gun" is a good start, just stick to that hardcore shit and rip it like a mixtape, you'll be all good. If I hear tracks where you're tryin' to romance girls or pop bottles in the club... well, that's no bueno-- You're named Tony fuckin' Yayo for Christ sake!). When and if heads on Soulseek cooperate and let me cop that, I'll run that down along with a few other tracks that I've been feelin'. Just to let all three of my regular readers know what's comin' down the pipe).

P.S. God bless blogging at work...

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They only way Maynard Keenan would find Jesus, is if he OD'd and went to heaven. (And maybe not even then)
What a tool!!
-and this is coming from an atheist!

April 07, 2005 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it right man, nobody fucks with the jesus. And by the way, anyone want to organize a hit squad for Joe Randa? He almost singlehandedly fucked us this series. When the Reds come to Shea I'm going to be up in the lights with my trusty rifle, and I'm going to make sure this kind of shit NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. Snoochie Boochies.

April 07, 2005 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After listening to Tool for awhile (about the same time I was smoking heavily), I started thinking of Maynard as a contemporary prophet. I definitely viewed Opiate as somewhat of a Pslam. I don't know anymore... I enjoy listening to A Perfect Cirlce, but the new Tool album is taking so damn long to drop. I guess I'll just have to bide my time by watching the Pirates lose ballgames. Peace.

April 08, 2005 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home