Friday, June 24, 2005

Congrats

Congrats to the Spurs for stopping Detroit from winning two titles in a row. For the entire nation that doesn't live in Michigan, I say thank you. As cool as Rash-Weed is, I hate Detroit (except for the Red Wings, who have a soft spot in my heart thanks to many hours of my formative years spent playing NHL '94PA on Sega Genesis, wreckin' kids with Steve Yzerman, Sergei Federov, and Bob Probert).

And as a thank you to Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Big Cock Rob Horry, Greg Popogich and the rest of the Spurs, I'm giving you a present.

Wanna hear the joint that will eventually get the Game shot?

Listen to this.

RELATED: Read Uncle Grambo's quarter-by quarter analysis of Game 7. Even though I said I hate Detroit, I understand where he's coming from. If by some miracle the Mets get into the playoffs or even are competitive (Hello? Carlos Beltran? Yeah, I'm looking in your direction), you'll probably be seeing something similiar from me.

UPDATE: My roommate Bryon, after I sent him "300 Bars & Running," posted this as his away message:
"Auto response from (2:17:28 AM): "the game dropped 300 bars and he wants a new beef?fuck that bitch, I'll slap him till his vag goes quief!Just cuz he's from the west he thinks he's the new pac?come to alexandria, son, i'll school you on my new block."(note: five greatest rappers of all time: bry-on, bry-on, bry-on, bry-on and bry-on!)"
And he wanted to make sure I recognized this:
"(2:18:39 AM): and make sure to mention that the reference to "my block" from the E-L-I K-W-I-N-T"
There ya go, for those that know. For the three people that understand that joke, holla back. For those that don't, go watch the Chapelle's show Season 2 DVD and get to know your super underground Connecticut hip hop.

Since we're here and all.... on a completely different note, there is one track that has been blowing my fucking mind right now.

Deep Dish - Say Hello (Dylan Rhymes Acid Thunder Mix)

Oh shit, does this mean your boy is back into house (or "dance," if youi prefer)? It just might be, in part to this two hour jumpoff that's full of fire.

Deep Dish - Essential Mix 06-19-05

Are you a fan of Fleetwood Mac? Know that song "Dreams"? Yeah, download this and fast forward to 1:18:45 and listen until 1;29:00. Hot shit right? Yeah, you know what's even cooler? That's not a sample. Stevie Nicks went in to the studio for a few days with the Irianian house music kings to record that. How hot is that shit?

And since we're still here (and because I just figured out how to post music files on this site!), why don't I hit you with this, the joint that started my re-interest in Deep Dish (and house music in general-- oddly enough, the only reason I downloaded this song was because it was feautred in a Yoshitoshi email I just happened to open):

Deep Dish - Flashdance

"Uh-oh. Happy learned how to put."
- Happy Gilmore