Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Now I KNOW I've Made It....

That's right kids, I'm not dead. Just trying to avoid starving (or sweating to death) out here in Alexandria, VA.

But as for my subject line... I know I've made it when I get a shout out on
Skeetonmischa! Really, I can die happy now (and yes, that Clipse track is ridiculous, I highly suggest you track it down post haste).

And as for why I've been gone so long, you might ask? Honestly, I haven't had anything worth saying. I mean, Jane has had the whole Karl Rove/Treasongate sewn up something fierce, it's not even worth trying to compare. Same goes for Matt and the boys at 1115 in regards to John Roberts in particular and my rising frustration with the Democratic party lack of spine in general.

Throw in the fact that I haven't really heard any records that have really got my pistons firing enough to sit down and write about, and oh yeah, I've been actually trying to get employed and thus save my ever dwindling bank balance from extermination, and I'm fresh out.

I was looking to this Sunday for some retribution, as my grand re-entrance into blogdom, as once again it was my favorite day of the year. What would that be, you ask? Major League Baseball's Trading Deadline! Yes, just like Leafblower's favorite day of the year is the NBA Draft, traditionally mine has been the insanity of the trade deaedline. But this year, what'd we get? A whole lot of NOTHING! Except for the Manny Ramirez rumors (which I was salivating over Friday night, but also realized it would never happen because the Red Sox as a team would have to be high on PCP to make that trade, as my idol articulated), there was nothing going on.

So, once again, your boy was left with nothing worth writing about. And believe me, I'm not even gonna waste my breath writing about Raffy Palmeiro either, because that's just too damn easy.

Who knows? Maybe I'm just suffering from blog depression...
|

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word, I mean, Manny is a gangster, so it only makes sense that he keep hittin' the pipes with his boston bloods crew.
Round here, the Pirates traded Matt Lawton to the Cubs for a one Jody Gerut. I saw his Pitt debut yesterday (along with the interesting 06 All-Star Game logo). It didn't seem like Gerut came ready to take the Pirates to new heights on his back (Kip Wells with an ERA and loss column the size of his home state of Texas to boot), but Gerut did manage to get on base. All in all, the deal seems like the Pirates gave up a little extra offense for... umm... hmm... well, maybe a little less offense. Oh and it looks now (according to the new logo at PNC Park) that the Major League All-Star Game, will be now known as the PIRATES All-Star Game. Tastefully done.

August 03, 2005 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playa!
It true, there really is nothing to say about the goings on in the world, other than it sucks my jew balls. On a lighter note, little pedro and I are comin down to the DC area on the 14 (possibly the 13th if you'd like to host us...hint)
Nonetheless, holla back at your boy who is currently sad that the yanks seem to really intimidated by victor martinez and fat ass Manny Jr. Ron Belliard (Any relation to raffy belliard from the braves back in the day, I have no idea)

In any event, this playa needs to be hollared at

August 04, 2005 9:57 AM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

you know, i completely forgot about that cat power song.

that song was about my ringtone for three months.

you see, "the greatest mistake" is a song that maroon5 aspires to make and never ever will.

August 04, 2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i think the guy who decided to team up ying yang twins with maroon5 was the guy who heard that prince paul sampled a bunch of hall & oates records.

it just seems like everybody is sampling or using the nuevo blue eyed soul guys on their records Ie john mayer on that common track.

i think that one of the maroon5 guys is on the new kanye record.

August 08, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

have you heard the killa cam tracks on itunes, yet?

outta hand; although one of them was on that dj clue mixtape.

honestly, i have no expectations at all for the new kanye record. diamonds was nice; golddigger is blah.

August 09, 2005 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello boys,

im back with my useless banter...only this time from the Windy City. Thought id stay quiet once i got here....OH HOW WRONG!! anyway, just wanted to pop up and say hello...tried reading some of your comments (totally over my head)...I miss you all!!!

Love,
M

August 10, 2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i haven't heard any of the dangerdoom stuff yet; i want to be surprised and after the gorillaz album, i have faith in dangermouse. its weird because whatever project is on the horizon for dangermouse, it's the one i'm most interested in. when gorillaz was coming out, i was all about dangerdoom and that dangerdoom is coming out, i'm really interested in gnarls barkley.

i just think that kanye record will be exactly like the college dropout. decent production, if often repeative and so-so lyrics and nice guest spots here and there, most likely from paul wall.

August 11, 2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

but you have to admint that "we major" is probably the best song on the whole album?

like, i'll let some stuff slide just because "we major" is so good. the drums on it reminds me of "cold vein" era el-p production.

August 20, 2005 5:50 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

ps. the dangerdoom track with cee-lo is outta hand and the kweli track is pretty nice as well; sampling the grindhouse movie theme.

August 20, 2005 5:52 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i like crack music as well, but i feel like they sorta waste the game on the track. he probably had more to say than "its crack music" and you know it would've probably been a nice g-unit diss. the thing about gone is that it reminds me of a musicial or at least has this weird musicial vibe to it.

i still need more listens, but i can't really give the album the final verdict until i listen to it in the car and i'm waiting for the official reason to do that.

i've heard bits & pieces of the new jim jones album and i dunno, it's okay. like "g's up" is great cause it's pete rock. the song with paul wall is okay, but for half of it, p diddy is screaming. and there's no heatmakerz production or at least from i can tell, no heatmakerz or cam'ron on the album.

and all g-unit releases with exception to the game, have to been bad cause 50 doesn't want anybody to outshine him, so probably those mobb deep records are gonna suck, but then again, has mobb deep has said anything interesting since shook ones pt 2?

August 21, 2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i don't get hbo and the one time i watched "entourage" i wasn't too terriblely impressed.

saigon is okay. i heard him on the pre crack mixtape and thought it was okay.

August 23, 2005 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home