Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Real Super Quick

Hey y'all. I'm toying around with an idea (and by "toying around," I mean simply thinking about it and considering it) for a much more substantial column to be posted later. Last night, as I battled a bout of insomnia, I read Thomas P.M. Barnet's article "Old Man In A Hurry," on Donald Rumself and his transformation of the American military, in the July 2005 issue of Esquire, and it got me thinking. I've been mulling it over, and there may be some kind of a critique/response/rant using that as a jump off at some point in the not so distant future. Not promising anything, just saying (and if anyone wants to read the article and discuss it with me, that'd be sweet too. You know how to get at me)...

But I wanted to call attention real fast to letter from Nike, retracting their "Major Threat" campaign which ripped off Minor Threat.

Basically, they blow smoke up Minor Threat's and Dischords asses (and even manage to take the blame off of their advertising agencies!) for two paragraphs, and then they get to the most important bits:

"Every effort has been made to to remove and dispose of all flyers (both print and digital). Again, Nike Skateboarding apologizes to Minor Threat and Dischord Records."

That was pretty goddamn fast. I'm impressed, Nike.
|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo alper and maya and anyone else, Ev CDs for addresses...

July 05, 2005 8:59 PM  
Blogger Black Charles said...

What's your email address? I'll send you my new address. I want to hear that shit.

July 06, 2005 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

evanduq@yahoo.com

July 11, 2005 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home