Friday, October 28, 2005

Haha, Who They Think They Carjacking?


Yeah, we all heard about the man, the myth, the legend Killa Cam getting shot in DC late Sunday night.

But you wanna know why Cam'ron is not only my favorite rapper working the mic right now, but the leader of a movement which is making 50 Cent and G-Unit look like a bunch of masquerading amateurs?

Immediately upon he release from the hospital, he reminds everyone that he's "hardcore Randy Savage, Bob Backlin" by issuing declarations like "People are foolish if they think I'm going to lose my head and give up anything to anyone just because someone threatens me. I'm doing OK. It takes more than a botched carjacking to keep me down.” All those chains you saw him rocking in the Jeezy "Soul Survivor" video? That fly new blue Lamborghini he's rockin'? Ya can't get it from Cam.

But then, what does he do? He heads straight to the studio and cooks up the remix to the street anthem of the year, "Get 'Em Daddy," to make the point abundantly clear.

Cam'ron feat. Hell Rell, Jim Jones, and J.R. Writer - Get 'Em Daddy (Remix)

(Yo, where's Juelz?)

Tom Breihan had a really interesting take on the shooting and Cam's image that's worth perusing.

Get 'em daddy.... daddy got 'em.

P.S. Perhaps if Cam had one of these fools would be less inclined to roll up on the Lambo...
|

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dizzy dog. You know im feeling Cam and the dipset crew hard as nails like you are, and they are straight toolin on the Gorilla "intelligent design" Unit. Cam, Jones and Writer are better lyricists than any G Unit member (yes even Banks)and although the beats aint quite as bumpin as G Unit classics (Stunt 101, What up Gangsta etc.) Much more repsect to Killa Cam and 'em.

You know Harlem "Eh!"o

October 28, 2005 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that he drove himself to the hospital after being shot through both arms. That's kinda crazy. He's lucky, though. The shot could have landed elsewhere, and no Ferrari is worth dying for. Then again I might have done the same thing and I drive a freakin Subaru.

October 28, 2005 5:44 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i remember reading in some magazine about "reign in blood" and they called one of the ten best albums ever recorded in the state of california.

it makes no sense whatsoever, but that album is a masterpiece.

ever heard that lil jon song where he shouts over reign in blood? rick rubin thought he repeat the success of 99 problems

November 04, 2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

didn't know that it had been leaked until you say something about it.

three songs into it so far and two of them i've heard on the mixtapes already.

any word on the pharrell solo album?

November 11, 2005 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alper my dog, there aint nada in the mundo i look forward to as much as your blog updates. Whats with the "Tom" delay man? The

WaldDaddy needs his Black Charles Scriptures like T.O. needs ducttape on his fucking yapper.
All's im's sayin is that I needs some words of great wisdom from dat ass, as does the rest of the blogiverse.

Holla back with some knowledge.

Waldaddy

November 11, 2005 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously Dan..."Waldaddy" is right. I need something to keep me going during my 2 1/2 hour corporations class!!! Keep on writing cause I can't get enough of what you have to say.

Much love!

November 14, 2005 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, I just wanted to say I found your blog while looking for lyrics to Get Em Daddy and I've read probably 5 of your other postings already. I got you bookmarked so I can check in and see what's good for the day.

Let me go sign up and make this official, keep up the writing man.

November 16, 2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUCK A DICK NO HOMO

DIPSET BITCH

WHATS REALLY GOOD ?

DIPSET EVERYDAY ALLDAY

the trunk in the front

January 29, 2006 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home