Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Return of the Felons


Well, well, well.... it's good to see that tradition still means something to some people. Florida State Felons, indeed.

And all that stuff I've been saying the last few days to various people, trying to convince myself that this won't be an absolute Penn State riot? That, as the ACC Title game proved, when it wants to the 'Noles can still play a nasty game and be a bear for any opponent? That Penn State might be the beneficiary of just a tad bit of extra hype, due to cuddly ol' Joe Pa and the fact that they miraculously rose from the ashes after two crappy seasons? That this game will at least be close and somewhat contested?

Yeah, eff all that. I'm getting flashbacks to the 2003 Sugar Bowl. I hope I'm wrong-- after all, at least Chris Rix isn't around to sleep through any finals, so we got that goin' for us, which is nice....
|

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Alper (Dan's Dad) I would like to beg your forgiveness for addressing your comment with rudeness.

I obviously failed to realize that "Dan's Dad" is actually Dan's Dad. Nonetheless, I blew it and that was not coooo.

Oakie is short for Paul Oakenfold, a relatively popular and equally as cheesy DJ. Arc is a club in NYC that attracts those type of DJs (as well as good DJs)

Again, I apologize for rebutting with rudeness.

The Sox still suck, however.

December 30, 2005 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the faith brother. Linebacker is the Seminoles deepest position. It is a bitch though that Nicholson's backup broke his leg in the ACC champoinship VA Tech beatdown. Every notice how when you start loosing people at one position is starts to snowball. First it was conerback and now this. I still like our chances and with Chris Rix finally gone good things can happen.

December 30, 2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Black Charles said...

C, my brother, I hope you are correct. It just means that Ernie Sims has to put down his pythons for a minute and play a freakin' incredible game. I still like our chances to some extent too, but when (at least some of) your players are too busy sexually assaulting people rather than preparing for the game, that's a problem. It speaks to the lack of discipline and interest which leads to results such as ones seen in the NC State, UVA, Clemson, and UF games, rather than the Miami, BC, or VA Tech games. We're gonna miss Nicholson's playmaking ability, that's for sure.

December 30, 2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waldaddy,
I appreciate the mea culpa. You're welcome in our kitchen again :). I remember hearing a lot about Oakenfold back in the day (when Dan's Dad's son Dan was into that kind of music). And for your edification, the Red Sox do not (does not?) suck. As all well-bred people are aware, it the Yankees who suck.

December 30, 2005 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home