Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A! Yo...

New Killa video is hot. Is it wrong of me to say that, even though I know it's gonna suck, I'm almost as excited for Killa Season the movie as I am for the album? I know that it's basically going to be on the same level as cinema classics like State Property and State Property 2, but yet I'm oddly attracted to it. Is it simply for fun escapism (much the same reason I like Cam's music)? Or am I developing some kind of mancrush on Cam'ron here?

Uhm, nevermind all that for right now. What's the deal with the verses on her? I understand that the Dips wanna push Hell Rell to the forefront (especially to follw up on the success that Juelz is having right now)--and this is the best way to do it, with the lead single from Killa Season and the song where Cam talks about his infamous night in DC--but this mix and match verse shit? I'm not feeling it. Either make it the original song, or make it the remix-- the real remix, with Cam's verse about the carjacking last up-- but don't slice it and dice just to make a video and push Rell as hard as possible. I don't know why, but that just bothers me-- strikes me the wrong way.

But whatever. If it helps Killa Season go gold and Rell sell 200 thou, I guess I'll deal with it. Just don't go all G-Unit on us in '06, Dipset (not a very auspicious start with the average at best What The Game's Been Missing!, I might add).
|

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I havent heard most of the contents on "What the game's been missin" but all I know is that what I have heard cant touch the smoke eminating from fiery Purple Haze (haha the couble entrende is killin' it).

As cam said on hot 97 the other night (which prompted me to call you and then miss your call back) He is the best MC CEO in the game. No one can touch him on the MC game, and no one can be a better CEO.

All i know is that with all the gold/ice cam rocks in the video (which is mediocre at best) he gonna nees a back-ey-otomie

Peace

December 15, 2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=CIeSenFNCHg&search=juelz%20santana

either the best or worst dip set video, depending on your sense of humor.

i like rell alot, but the remix track was weird; i thought it was going to be the mixtape remix, with the verses of jim jones and jr writer.

i think they should push writer harder than rell cause writer has more cross over appeal.

December 18, 2005 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home