Thursday, January 19, 2006

Put A Couple Careers On Hold, You Could Be Next Kid

Killa vs. Jigga. Holy fucking shit.

Now, I know I haven't been on my blog grind for a moment, but frankly, what was I gonna write about? The NFL playoffs? Frankly, I could give a fuck at this point-- I watch the games if there's nothing better to do, but I can't say that I'm really, truly invested in any meaningful way. New music? Dude, it's January 19th-- there haven't been any records worth getting all hot and bothered over released yet (Although next Tuesday we got Cat Power and Jenny Lewis -- indie hipster boys, reserve at least three hours of your day for the requisite swooning!).

But this? This is definitely good enough to bring me outta my cave. Like my man Douglas said, talk about making a morning, let alone a week. But since heads have already said much about this topic, I won't speak long (but gimme a hot second, and I'ma put you on), except to say: Thank God 50 Cent and Game are nowhere near this thing, because say what you want about "You Got To Love It," but it's miles ahead of "Piggy Bank" (Sheek Louch was right, that shit is garbage) and the novelty aspects of "300 Bars." And you don't need to check Jay's resume to know that dude straight brings it ("Takeover," pics of Prodigy in a dress at Summer Jam, etc.). Hey, anything that will get new Jay verses out there, I'm all for.

I will admit, however, that I don't exactly know who I'm rolling with here. My love for all things Hova as well as Cam is well documented, so I guess all I'll say is that I'm hoping for some hot records and no one to get shot (again-- "I seen... the diamond thrown up before the shots was fired" WHAT?).

And real quick, while I'm here: My man Chucky K should spend more time writing shit like this, rather than weak ass shit like this. Like Ian said, see what happens when you hang with the rapidly declining Bill Simmons?
|

6 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i don't know if jay will come out for this one and to me, that'll be a bigger diss to cam than any record; its like what 50 said at the vibe awards after the dips won best group, "don't you have to sell albums to win an award?" or something along those lines.

also, you have to wonder if cheesey and kanye are taking any sides?

January 20, 2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

have you heard the 'he's a biter' aka 'swagger jacker' track yet?

the thing about juelz, i think the guy is becoming less and less dip and more def jam; have you heard that weird song he did with ll cool j?

January 21, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

any thoughts about nas signing with def jam & the carter admistration?

January 23, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

i can understand juelz sticking with def jam as opposed to going to koch or whenever because there's more of a budget, but at the same time, juelz or so he says, paid for all of the videos out of his pocket. i just think juelz wants to be the new ll and def jam maybe to make those dreams come true.

i was bowling and they were playing the video for that song he did with chris brown, and juelz didn't even flash the dip set at all; could've been edited out, but still, no dip love there.

to me, nas signing with def jam means that jay won that war. regardless of the beef being squashed, jay won cause he's signing nas' checks. doesn't matter though, nas' album will be shelved for a few months anyways. i have yet to see an official relase date for the mobb deep album on g-unit, but i heard on shade45, that it's sometime in march and i honestly think that g unit is going to stick with their release dates and if nas is cocerned about getting his stuff out there on a timely manner, he should've gone elsewhere.

January 24, 2006 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now on to something completely different; Ashy larry was at the bar we were at last night in the N-Y-C. He was hitting on a fine piece of work while his non-famous buddy was picking up the bar trash aka this fine girl's ugly friend.

A couple of people picked up on who he was and were hollaring at him.

Ah, the glorious life of a b-/c+ list celebrity

the Daddy

January 29, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

it's a clean version and its only a part of the song, but here's some new ghostface produced by mf doom:

http://www.content-type.com/362093926/05-ghostface_killah-charlie_brown_%28prod._by_mf_doom%29-ftd.mp3.htm

January 31, 2006 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home