Saturday, April 16, 2005

Real Quick

Ok, just a few quick things...

-- Maybe I only find jokes about Orel Hershiser funny, but this is fucking hiliarious.
Part of the reason I find this funny is that in 1988, Orel Hershiser set the record for consecutive scoreless innings, with 55. 1988 was also the year that Orel Hershiser and the Dodgers defeat my beloved Mets in 7 games in the National League Championship Series. I was seven, the first year of my baseball fan life. I was crushed.
And you know what? If Bob Ojeda hadn't cut off his fucking finger gardening... well, everything might have been different. How the Hell you manage to cut off the tip of your finger when youre heading to the playoffs, I don't really know. Shit, you play ball, aren't you rich enough to have someone paid to do your gardening!? Then again, without Bob Ojeda's idiocy, we don't have Kirk Gibson's homerun, which might be number one on my list of memorable plays occuring in my lifetime.

-- Yankee fans will love this: Don Mattingly, not a Hall of Famer, but definitely a vindictive asshole.

Shout out to Christie for originally tipping me off to these links. They're funny even if you don't know anything about baseball, but they're particularly amusing if you are familiar with Hershiser and Mattingly.

-- And oh yeah, I want a confession:Who hooked Aaron Heilman up to the juvenation machine and forgot to tell me?